Sunday, October 30, 2011

Day 5 - Aquarium

We left Gugulethu that morning after a quick breakfast and goodbyes with our host family. I met my roommate on the ship and we ventured to The Two Oceans Aquarium a short walk away from the port. The aquarium gets its name from the way it is organized, with one wing dedicated to the Atlantic Ocean that on the west side of Cape Point and another dedicated to the Indian Ocean on the east. I travelled there for an independent class assignment, though aquariums are always fun. I saw deadly box jellies, crabs with legs 3 feet in length, a tank dedicated to Finding Nemo and  the giant shark tank that some of the more daring students scuba dived in. 

That afternoon I bummed around the port for lunch, used the precious internet time a cup of coffee bought me to Skype my parents then went back to the ship to meet up with my roommate and some friends for dinner .We travelled out to Camps Bay which I mentioned on day two to watch the sun set. Dinner was at a beach front Italian restaurant where we each got wine, appetizers and entrees for $10-12 with a beautiful view of the sunset, not to shabby if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment