Thursday, June 16, 2011

Preparation

Creating this blog is just one of many in my items in the expansive list of things left to do before I embark on what is surely to be one of the great adventures of my life. As I am writing this I am happy to say much of the heavy lifting is finished.

Thus far, I've rearranged my academic schedule, taken 8 months off from college to save up money and have applied and been accepted to the Semester at Sea program.

Next comes the more nit picky stuff:

Visas
Too many scholarship essays
Planning itineraries for 12 countries
Medical check ups
Vaccinations from Yellow Fever to Japanese Encephalitis
A bureaucratic marathon of academic paperwork for my home University
Class registration
Country Research
A self imposed summer reading list of one novel per port
Determining a packing list
And finally a lot of shopping for items that i am going to need abroad (voltage converters, back-up camera batteries, luggage, watch, etc...)

While I am trying to avoid complaining about first world problems, this has easily been the most logistically daunting task of my lifetime and all of my deadlines just keep steadily marching forward. What keeps me going is that the incredible itinerary below is coming along with them.



EMBARK: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Casablanca, Morocco 
Takoradi, Ghana 
Cape Town, South Afric
Port Louis, Mauritius 
Chennai, India 
Penang, Malaysi
Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam 
Hong Kong / Shanghai, China 
Kobe / Yokohama, Japan 
Hilo, Hawaii, USA 
Puntarenas, Costa Rica 
Traverse Panama Canal 
Havana, Cuba 
DEBARK: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, USA 

No comments:

Post a Comment